Not so long ago, it was the large corporations who dominated online business. Updates to how search engines work have changed that dynamic. Today, you can successfully market your small company with custom web design for your local business in Toronto. TenPoint Solutions offers custom web design for Toronto and the surrounding area, and we’d like to help your business succeed in online marketing efforts. Here are our top web design tips for your Toronto business.
Create a unified online brand
A website is not just about having a point of sale online. It’s a way to get the word out about your business, and it can be a highly effective marketing strategy. That means you should put as much effort into building your online brand as you do creating your physical brand and company culture.
Your brand is your company’s persona. It embodies your company mission and what you stand for. Good web design is able to bring that mission to life through your site. That means choosing the right words and the right images, as well as appropriate colour schemes.
If you’re a tech startup going for a hip, casually savvy image, you’re going to want high-quality photos of young professionals on your website. You certainly don’t want a stock image of someone wearing a call center headset. That’s not to say stock images aren’t a useful tool—you can find many good images that way. It just means you need to be choosy about what you select.
SEO has changed a lot over the years, but it’s still something you need to know at least a little about in order to be successful with marketing your local business online. At its simplest, SEO is utilizing search engine algorithms in order to maximize the traffic to your site. Fortunately, Google and other major search engines have recently made search engine ranking friendlier to local businesses. Rather than rewarding bad SEO habits that drive traffic without getting users what they actually want, search engines are doing a better job matching users with the businesses they truly need. The catch? You need to know how to communicate the right way to get them! Quickly, we’ll share two easy secrets with you:
- Write content that sounds natural and provides valuable information, not just filler or keywords.
- Include your contact information. If you want search engines to pick up local business for you, you must include the targeted city in your content.
Link to your social media accounts
This one is so simple, yet so easy to overlook. Social media is a major marketing avenue for local Toronto businesses. It costs little to nothing to utilize and reaches an audience that is limited only by your efforts. Setting up links to your social media accounts is a onetime task. You set it, and it’s done. After that, all you need to do is remember to share company news, blog articles, and updates with your followers. In fact, many companies are hiring social media experts for just that reason.
Consider hiring a professional for custom web design
We can think of multiple reasons why you might want to hire a Toronto web design company rather than designing the site yourself.
- First of all, custom web design stands out from the crowd. Many companies are using inexpensive pre-made website themes. It may be the easy way to go, but it gives your business a cookie-cutter design. Hiring a professional web design company, however, gives your site, and therefore your brand, an edge.
- Also, professionals have resources that simply are not available to you. You are the expert at what you do, but you can’t be expected to know everything. Hiring web design experts is an effective way to get the best value from your site.
- Finally, your time is valuable. Sure, you could learn web design and develop the resources that professionals have, but is that the best use of your time? You have a business to run, and oftentimes outsourcing a task saves you money in the long run because it allows you to make more money doing what you do rather than getting distracted with side tasks.
These tips will have you well on your way to a website that engages the right users from your local area. If you’d like to make your website the best it can be, email the expert team at the top web design company in Toronto.